Rail freight – China
(EXPORT / IMPORT)
NEW SILK ROAD –
THE FAST WAY FROM
CHINA TO EUROPE
The New Silk Road – the advantages over sea and air freight
Railway transport of Chinese goods has experienced enormous growth over recent years.
- Your goods travel at up to 160 km/h (100 mph) on predominantly electrified rail lines, and therefore reduce CO2 emissions significantly
- Loading train stations in all important economic centers
- Door-to-door service including all customs formalities
- Suitable for all types of goods including full container loads as well as piece goods
Compared to the two other methods of transport, sea and air, there are interesting advantages:
Rail vs Ship
- four-day faster closing
- significantly reduced delivery times
- 2 departures weekly
- 50% reduction in transport time
- only moderately higher freight costs, incl. LCL fees
- transparent tariff structure
- low price volatility
Rail vs Air
- no limit on the amount of goods
- height clearance up to 2.7 m
- freight costs approx. 95% less
The Ecological Aspect
Today, compared to sea and air transport, there is an important argument in favor of rail transport: the ecological balance.
The new Eurasian land bridge through Kazakhstan is predominantly electrified. Therefore, this route doesn’t cause any direct CO2 emissions nor does it contribute to water pollution.
For further information, feel free to contact our representatives in your nearest Koll station.